HipShot Lomo Camera Bag - A Review!

Category: By Rich and Creamy




Even though I just bought this I'm including it in my buy list of 2009.  The Lomography Hipshot Camera Bag is designed for their LC-A 


This is the camera the bag is designed for.



The bag comes in two colors as pictured above.  I actually use the bag for a GX200.



INITIAL THOUGHTS: 

I ordered the bag from  Amazon and it didn't come with instructions.  I was able to poke around for the pdf at the lomo website.  I was going to knock down the bag a few points for not fitting as snug as I would want to.  The Hipshot camera bag feels like it's made out of leather but is actually water resistant plastic.  Everything feels well made and sturdy.  There's also a very nice cushy feel to it and it makes me feel confident that if my camera was dropped inside of this bag it would fair ok.  The 2nd compartment wasn't big enough to hold my slave flash but I was able to store extra batteries, cables, and a cleaning cloth.

At full retail price $35 I think this bag is defitnately worth it.  I broke a point and shoot camera by having it in my pocket so I'm willing to have an camera bag on my hip even if it stands out a little funky like.  You can also shoulder carry it but I'm scared of having it swing around.  Even though I'm carrying around a point and shoot the bag does make me look like I'm serious about my photos so I don't feel too goofy with it.  I might do away with the orange strap though, it just doesn't match what I wear!

 

1 comment so far.

  1. Arika Sato February 6, 2009 at 2:48 PM
    heyyy! go to XS for sure! love your blog!

Something to say?